Repurchase of own shares
1. Share buyback programme
Referring to article 207 of the Royal Decree of 30 January 2001 in execution of the Companies Code, D’Ieteren SA communicates that it has purchased a total of 51,351 own shares in the period from 4 until 10 March 2020 on Euronext Brussels and/or an MTF in accordance with applicable regulations.
D’Ieteren SA has performed this purchase of own shares in the context of the share buyback programme decided and announced by the Board of Directors of D’Ieteren SA on 28 August 2019 for a maximum amount of EUR 150 million (see press release of 28 August 2019). The programme started on 4 September 2019. Purchases are made in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations and under the authorisation granted by the Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders of 31 May 2018. Under this ongoing share buyback programme, D’Ieteren has purchased a total of 495,913 treasury shares to date, for a total amount of EUR 24,201,868.
2. Share buybacks related to share option schemes
In accordance with article 207 of the Royal Decree of 30 January 2001 implementing the Company Code, s.a. D’Ieteren n.v. announces today that it has purchased on Euronext Brussels, between 4 and 10 March 2020, 49,000 treasury shares at an average price of EUR 53.72 per share. This purchase has been carried out to hedge share option schemes granted to officers and managers by virtue of the power endowed to the Board of Directors by the General Meeting of Shareholders on 31 May 2018.
3. Total number of treasury shares
The total number of treasury shares held by D’Ieteren reached 1,568,327 on 9 March 2020. The total number of outstanding ordinary shares of D’Ieteren SA amounts to 55,302,620.
End of press release
In existence since 1805, and across family generations, D'Ieteren seeks growth and value creation by pursuing a strategy on the long term for its businesses and actively encouraging and supporting them to develop their position in their industry or in their geographies. The Group has currently the following activities:
- D'Ieteren Auto distributes Volkswagen, Audi, SEAT, Škoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Porsche and Yamaha vehicles in Belgium. It has a market share of around 22% and 1.2 million vehicles on the road. Its business model is evolving towards improving the lives of citizens with fluid, accessible and sustainable mobility. Sales and adjusted operating result reached respectively EUR 3.6 billion and EUR 119.0 million in FY 2019.
- Belron (54.85% of the voting rights) has a clear purpose: "making a difference by solving people's problems with real care". It is the worldwide leader in vehicle glass repair and replacement and operates in 39 countries, through wholly owned businesses and franchises, with market leading brands - including Carglass®, Safelite® and Autoglass®. In addition, Belron manages vehicle glass and other insurance claims on behalf of insurance customers. Sales and adjusted operating result reached respectively EUR 4.2 billion and EUR 400.5 million in FY 2019.
- Moleskine (100% owned) is a premium and aspirational lifestyle brand which develops and sells iconic branded notebooks and writing, travel and reading accessories through a multichannel distribution strategy across 114 countries. Sales and adjusted operating result reached respectively EUR 163.9 million and EUR 18.6 million in FY 2019.
- D'Ieteren Immo (100%) groups together the Belgian real estate interests of D'Ieteren Group. It owns and manages approximately 30 properties which generated EUR 19.7 million net rental income in FY 2019. It also pursues investment projects and carries out studies into possible site renovations.
Francis Deprez, Chief Executive Officer
Arnaud Laviolette, Chief Financial Officer
Pascale Weber, Investor Relations - Tel: + 32 (0)2 536.54.39