Belron has successfully allocated its new term loans of EUR 850 million equivalent
Belron announced on 18 October 2019 that it launched on a best effort basis a syndication in the institutional loan market for a new EUR 700 to 750 million equivalent USD 7-year Term Loan B (the “New Term Loan”) and a EUR 100 to 150 million add-on to Belron’s current EUR Term Loan B due 2024 (the “Add-on Loan”). The new loans have been successfully allocated yesterday and the transaction is expected to close on 30 October 2019.
The key definitive terms of the New Term Loan are the following:
- Total amount of USD 830 million (or EUR 750 million equivalent)
- Maturity of 7 years (i.e. October 2026)
- Spread in USD of Libor + 250 bps
- Issue price of 99.750%
The key definitive terms of the Add-on-Loan are the following:
- Total amount of EUR 100 million
- Maturity in November 2024
- Spread in EUR of Euribor floored at 0% + 275 bps
- Issue price of 100.50%
Both loans have a rating of Ba3 for Moody’s and BB for S&P.
As previously announced, the proceeds will be distributed to the shareholders of Belron.
This transaction optimises Belron’s capital structure whilst maintaining full flexibility for its strategic options. It also extends Belron’s debt maturity profile. Belron’s net financial debt/EBITDA ratio increases from 2.6x on 30 September 2019 to 4.1x as a result of this transaction.
The proceeds that D’Ieteren will receive from Belron following this transaction will allow it to pursue its long-term strategy which aims to invest in activities with attractive value creation potential.
End of press release
In existence since 1805, and across family generations, D’Ieteren seeks growth and value creation by pursuing a strategy on the long term for its businesses and actively encouraging and supporting them to develop their position in their industry or in their geographies. The Group has currently the following activities:
- D'Ieteren Auto distributes Volkswagen, Audi, SEAT, Škoda, Bentley, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Porsche and Yamaha vehicles in Belgium. It is the country's number one car distributor, with a market share of around 21% and 1.2 million vehicles on the road. Its business model is evolving towards providing citizens with responsible and innovative mobility. Sales and adjusted operating result reached respectively EUR 3.4 billion and EUR 113.0 million in 2018.
- Belron (53.99% owned) has a clear purpose: “making a difference by solving people’s problems with real care”. It is the worldwide leader in vehicle glass repair and replacement and operates in 35 countries, through wholly owned businesses and franchises, with market leading brands – including Carglass®, Safelite® and Autoglass®. In addition, Belron manages vehicle glass and other insurance claims on behalf of insurance customers. It has also expanded its services into the automotive damage and home damage repair and replacement markets. Sales and adjusted operating result reached respectively EUR 3.8 billion and EUR 225.7 million in FY 2018.
- Moleskine (100% owned) is a premium and aspirational lifestyle brand which develops and sells iconic branded notebooks and writing, travel and reading accessories through a multichannel distribution strategy across more than 115 countries. Sales and operating result reached respectively EUR 174.1 million and EUR 28.6 million in FY 2018.
- D’Ieteren Immo (100%) groups together the Belgian real estate interests of D’Ieteren Group. It owns and manages approximately 30 properties which generated EUR 18.7 million net rental income in FY 2018. It also pursues investment projects and carries out studies into possible site renovations.
Francis Deprez, Chief Executive Officer
Arnaud Laviolette, Chief Financial Officer
Pascale Weber, Investor Relations - Tel: + 32 (0)2 536.54.39